School Fishing Trip

never sit at front of sled unless you like pain
Making the lagger
the valley the lake is in
Skiidoos and sleds
inside the Eskimo tent, we used as a cookhouse
Vents open
3 stove going
Freshly fried caribou

Ptamagins which the drives shot on the other side of the ridge. We were welcome to take but I forgot to bring some bags
Looking back towards town on way back about 25km out
It's that way, with my binoculars I could see the town
My winter kit was perfect 
On my back I took advice and laid on my back
Just chilling 
So I made a chili for supper, thanks to Maritime Madness
and I made the bannock to go.

 Our school took our  students out on the land the week of May 15-17 and again from May 23-25 depending on weather.. I went on Tuesday May 16, 2023.

Word of the day ROUGH! I rode in the sled and though had been told to sit on the back, I took the front as 2 students took the back.. Big mistake. Every bump we hit I felt from my lower back and no matter how I tried to cushion myself it just jarred.

However, when we got to the lake area, it was worth it.


I spent the day observing the area, acting as a bit of a bird watcher, polar bear sentry and fire watcher in the cook tent.


On the way back, having learned my lesson, I made sure to lay down and though it was still bumpy, the matresses and my pack kept me comfortable. I'll be adding pictures shortly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should i stay or should i go now?

Final days and thoughts in Nunavut